Friday, February 22, 2013

Stephanie Girard of Lark Road Rhymes

Today's feature is Stephanie Girard of Lark Road Rhymes

Stephanie's art is so sweet and one of a kind! I love how she uses words as art!
She makes inspirational wall art and her specialty is writing  cute personalized poems. 

Tell me a little about your shop.

My shop is full of everything that inspires me. I love, love, love babies so I have 5 of them!! Now I love to write about how delicious & fantastic they are. I am mesmerized by the joyfulness of children. With my older kids I love hearing them talk about their accomplishments. It is very easy to see a child's self esteem developing. That is where the sports rhymes came from. The feeling of pride they have when they make a basket or hit the ball is HUGE!! Especially sliding into base. Sliding into base is "epic"! They love to see their names too!

Personalized Baby Gifts, New York Yankee Blue, Baseball Nursery, Kids Wall Art, Jackson




The sister in law print was written for my sister in law for her birthday. She is just an amazing person that is always there for me. She is an honest friend too. I value our relationship because she doesn't tell me what I want to hear. After I create a print I hope that there is someone out there that can relate to it. Having the item sell is fun but the emails I get from my customers are amazing. Last weekend a woman, who is decorating her son Liam's room with San Diego Giants, wrote, "This is so amazingly perfect!".  Having someone love what you create is fantastic!


5x7 Typography Art, Art Sayings, Family Word Art, Sister In Law



Have you always been interested in art as a girl?

I have always loved to rhyme. I used to sit in the back of the room in high school with a notebook just writing rhymes all day. I love the creative use of words and language. I see words as pieces of art. They are my medium. The love of language and rhyme inspires me to create.

Personalized Baby Gifts For Girls, Baby Keepsakes, Creative Baby Shower Gifts, Gianna



What inspires you to create?

I am inspired by children's authors and song writers. They are so creative and their rhymes are fantastic!!

Tell me about your daughter.

Jolie is 5. She and I are the only girls in our household of 7. That alone demands a special relationship. She is very girly, very independent, and very creative. I love watching her express herself. She has never been told not to draw, paint, dance in a certain way. She has never been told that the way she is expressing herself is "wrong". So her creativity comes from a pure place. She paints, draws, sings, dances with no regard for what others think. It 's just Jolie being Jolie for the sake of being Jolie.


I love Jolie's smile and the sparkle in her eyes. When I am writing a rhyme about twinkling, sparkling, magical eyes I usually have a picture of her in my head.

Our most special moment was in a zoo parking lot. We were waiting for the boys to get in the car and she said "Mommy I'm a giggle bot." I had written a rhyme about her being a giggle factory and I thought she was trying to remember that. When I questioned her she started moving her arms like a robot and said it again. I could not believe that she was playing with words for fun just the way I do. Then I asked if I could use her phrase in a rhyme!!!



Baby Room Wall Art, New Baby Poem, Personalized Baby Shower Gifts, Sarah


We love singing tv theme songs together. Disney Jr. has amazing theme songs for their shows. We especially love singing the song for "Gaspar & Lisa"!

What do you want your daughter to remember?


I want my daughter to always know that she is enough. I want her to know that she was made perfectly and she remains perfect. There is nothing she can ever do to have more or be more than she already is.


 What are some challenges you face/have faced in regard to your craft?

The greatest challenge I have with creating the prints is to stay true to myself. People respond to authenticity. I need to give myself what I wish for Jolie: that I am enough.

Thanks so much Stephanie!
I love how children inspire you to create!
You are an inspiration!
XOXO
Christine


See more in her shop


6 comments:

  1. I love this so much Christine!!! Thank you!!! Steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! Your family is truly blessed to have you as their mom!

      Delete
  2. Stephanie, you're such a sweet mommy! Your daughter is adorable! Wonderful interview, Christine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely interview about a lovely mother and daughter! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on this lovely interview, Steph! You are indeed talented, and your family is a joy!

    ReplyDelete